I have lived in Colorado now for about 3 years and have yet to call in a dog since I moved here. I moved here from Arizona, where I was getting pretty good at calling the songdogs. To tell the truth I totally addicted to them. Since I have moved to Colorado my calling has taken a back seat to fly fishing and thats not all bad. Anyway my oldest son came home on his first leave since he left for the Air Force last March. I got to spend yesterday out calling dogs with my boys...... We called one in on our first stand and my oldest got a little Coyote Fever and promptly missed. And on our third stand we had two groups of dogs sounding off at us but they just would not commit.

Well it was the best day out calling I have ever had. Having my two boys with me in the woods was just..... well AMAZING. Miss having them both home. The oldest leaves to go back to Florida on Sunday and Im not sure that we will be able to get back out.... Just had to brag a little about getting to spend the day with my 2 boys.

Not sure why its so hard to call dogs here. I dont ever see anyone out there doing it. But yesterday we had the whole area to ourselves. We didnt see another person just lots of deer and elk.

Ryan