Long time lurker, I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge you folks are willing to share and how you try to help each other with their problems and hope you will share some with me. I am recently disabled with lots of time and little income so purchasing parts to make changes to my rifles have to be carefully planned. This planned purchase may not have been a wise. All I do now days is punch paper with the occasional yote that gets to close and crows out of the neighbors corn field that I can get from my backyard range.

What I have is a 112 FVSS-S in 22-250 Remington 1-14 twist topped by a Weaver t-36 that I have had for a while now. I had traded a Remington 7400 for it thinking the single shot action would make a good target gun competing only against myself with maybe the odd local shoot and so far it reliably gives me minute of gum ball at 100 yards with a 52gr hp. I have restocked it with a Boyds Tacticool (not bedded yet or my first choice) that I like a LOT better than the tupperware it was wearing and I would like to someday re-barrel with a tighter twist 22-250 or 243.

Anyway I caught a sale on the SAV-2 trigger and thought it would give me a very light pull closer to my Anschutz 54, the problem i am having is the intermediate lever of the SAV-2 moves slightly down way from the sear when the bolt is fully seated. It will trip fire practically just looking at it unless, using the heavy spring, it is really set to put a very high load on the intermediate lever yet the lever still moves slightly away from the sear when cocking the rifle. I have followed the instructions carefully going over everything several times. I have ordered a replacement sear from Numrich (the only place I could find one) as I think the sear may be to short plus it does not sit square on the intermediate lever. Everything else, safety, over travel is perfect. So the questions are after letting out all this wind: 1. Am I possibly correct in thinking a short sear is (could be) the problem? 2. Is the single shot action really any better than the repeaters?

Thanks in advance for any help.
John