So I tried to reload my first .308 rounds. I ran into a few issues. Im using a lee 3- hole turret press and the lee deluxe rifle die set. I set up each die according to instructions. I lubed the cases properly with Lee case lube.

1. When I ran the casing up into the full length sizer it just stopped without going all the way up. It actually jammed up and I had to really smack the arm up to break it free. Is this normal or should the ram/ rod go all the way up and the arm all the way down? Why would it stop mid stroke? Not sure if this was ok or not so I moved to step 2.

2. Next I ran the case up into the collet neck sizer. No problem noticed here and the primers popped out during this step.

3. I then checked case length, which was good. Cleaned primer pocket, chamfered case neck. Then primed the cartridge. No drama here.

4. I then measured and poured 41.9 grains of IMR 4046 into each case. No drama.

5. I then placed the primed and powdered case back into the press and ran the ram/rod up into the dead length bullet seating die with a 175grain Sierra match king bullet. The projectile got stuck in the die. I had to unscrew the adjusting screw all the way in order to remove the bullet. I tried this three times before stopping and ask for advice.

WTF am I doing wrong?

Any advice, suggestions or even ridicule is welcome.