Hello All,

I am new to this site/forum (first post) and I have a feeding issue that I am hoping some of you fellas have seen before and may have some ideas on. I have a 22-250 Model 16 Weather Warrior with the Accustock and Accutrigger in it and here is the issue. pull the trigger, bolt the rifle and it jams with about 1/8 of an inch of brass showing. the round appears to be in a "nose down" attitude and the head of the case is not recessed back into the bolt face but riding high on the front of the bolt face(if that makes any sense). At first I thought it was me just short stroking the bolt or something but after repeated jams I realized that it would do this fast or slow bolting of the rifle. It almost seems as if the round is thrown up against the top(roof) of the action and the bolt is picking it up on the way down as it moves forward. This is a centerfeed rifle and my local smith told me to order a new mag spring and the little metal box that goes up inside the stock and that should cure it....ideas? thoughts?

I have tried bending/stretching the original spring and that does not help. I would also consider converting it to a DBM setup. I leave on a 10 day coyote hunting trip in about 2.5 weeks and am hoping to find resolution. The rifle is a stellar shooter but this is ridiculous and has me thinking about a new rifle?

any and all ideas are welcome as I am all out of them. Thanks much for your time effort.

Jamie