Thread: Got my first whitetail this year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Got my first whitetail this year

The last time I went deer hunting was when I was 14(back before I could control my adhd 15yrs ago) I had also gone when I was 13 with my dad both times. Well fast forward to this season I thought I would give it another try since I am a little more patient now that I'm 29.
    Things didn't start out good. Opening day for gun season I seen 3 but never had a shot or a chance of a shot however the second Saturday I got up in a tree about 20-25ft and sat there for almost 2hrs at that point I was getting cold and cramped so I stood up in the tree and hung my gun on a limb. While stretching I looked to my left and there was a doe about 120-130yds away. I grabbed for my gun and went to shoulder it but there was a limb in my way so I swapped sides and shouldered it on my weak side (left) and took a shot. She ran off as if I missed completely. I got down out of the tree and went to where she was when I shot. There was no blood at all. I started walking in the area she ran to. After about 100yds with no blood or anything I decided I must have missed and turned back to my tree. I seen something white which I thought was some trash but I walked to it and there she was no blood on her hair but a pool of blood out of her mouth and deader than a door nail. She weighted about 150lbs not field dressed. Just thought I'd show my experience.

I was using my Savage 110e .270 that I refinished myself topped with an ironsighter one piece base, low Burris Zee rings and a 3-9x40 Leupold VX-I

My dad got a 5pt half rack 20mins before with his Savage 110 30-06

Last edited by futurerider103; 12-03-2013 at 07:22 PM.