I called Savage Arms yesterday to discuss sending back my Axis 223 bolt face. I believe that the ejector has broken and I cannot simply replace the ejector as it seems to be stuck inside of the ejector hole. The woman I spoke with said Savage has a one year warranty from date of purchase. I bought my Axis over a year ago, but just shot it for the first time not even two weeks ago. I was going to send in bolt face to see if they can repair/replace the item. The woman told me that I needed to send in the entire bolt, which I didn't want to do since I'm going to be hunting with the rifle for PA rifle season. I also didn't want to send in the bolt because I didn't want to risk Savage replacing my bolt/bolt knob with a factory one since I had a new bolt knob installed and I had the bolt body cerakoted with micro slick.

The woman on the phone couldn't tell me one way or the other if Savage would warranty the bolt face. I told her I ended up buying another complete rifle, just to get the bolt face, so it wouldn't ruin my rifle season. I also told her that I worked in a repair department for a large flashlight company and said Savage's CS/warranty was terrible.

This is the first time I ever called Savage for anything and I own a few Savage rifles.

I'm happy with Savage in terms of performance in the rifles, but I must say that I'm completely underwhelmed with their CS.

Once MidwayUSA has the bolt faces back in stock, I'm going to order two to have as spares, just so I won't have to deal with Savage in the future. The bolt faces are inexpensive enough, but I didn't feel that I should have to purchase another one because the company does not stand behind their product. I don't like the fact that I only have 20 rounds down my Axis and because I didn't have the opportunity to shoot it over a year after purchase that I'm "out of luck."

The flashlight company that I worked for had a lifetime warranty. We would get flashlights that were as old as the company and the company still honored the warranty even if those flashlight models were discontinued.