This is my first post here and I believe I have found the place I am looking for. I ended up finding this place when I did a google search on sharp shooters supply. I have spent some time searching this site and have answered one of my main questions I have had. (what exactly is the "time and true" that SSS lists)

I come here because I have a interesting problem and I am wanting a expert to fix it. I have a savage that the holes for the scope base are factory drilled wrong. The scope base cants to the right. The scope base is a farrel steel base purchased from SSS. When I level the action with a small bubble level, I can move the level to the scope base and the bubble is touching the line. I have a cheap level finder and I placed it on the base and the needle hovers at right between 1 and 2 degrees.

Backstory:
I will give you the short version to save time. I wanted to build a custom rifle for long range target shooting. I had been wanting one for a long time. After a lot of looking, pondering, searching, compareing and planning I decided on a savage action. I purchased a brand new model 111 (left handed) blued steel with the accu-trigger in 270win. I needed a long action with the standard bolt head. I bring it home, pull it out of the box, take it out of the stock, wrap and package it nicely and send the barreled action straight to douglas barrels in WV and have them install one of their premimum air guaged 1 inch dia barrels. 28in finished length in cal 6.5X55 sweedish mauser. 1-8 twist.
I get the barreled action back and apply a nice flat black finish of dura-coat and place it in a choate ulitimate varmiter stock. (I love this stock!) I top it off with a ken farrel scope base purchased from SSS. (they came reccomended by a friend at the range)
So after breaking in the barrel and putting a couple hundred rounds down range and playing with handloads I eventually notice groups changeing depending on how I hold the rifle. It felt like I had to kinda rotate the rifle. So I got down and started inspecting everything and thats when I finally notice the scope and base are canted. Once I saw it the first time I was like WOW, how in the heck did I not notice that untill now.
After checking everything else, I narrow it down to the holes in the reciever being factory drilled wrong. I noticed when I went from 100 to 200 yards, and from 200 to 300 yards, my windage changed each time.
I want this fixed. I have recently purchased a new scope and also purchased a box of 100 lapua brass (wore out the 20 FC shells I was using) So I figure while I am between scopes, and have new brass, now is the best time to fix this. I dont want to waste ammo to zero in this scope untill I get this problem fixed, and I dont know if the barrel will have to be removed to fix this, so I dont want to fire form the brass if there is a chance the headspace could change by a hair from removing the barrel. Savage will not do anything for me because I do not have my original sales reciept ( I looked for a hour, couldnt find it, but I have had this for about a 1.5-2 years) and the rifle has been altered from factory.

I dont want just anyone to work on my rifle, I want someone who knows what they are doing. It appears from all I have read on this forum, that SSS is the guy I want to work on my rifle. His site is plastered with do not call, email. So I emailed him with what I had and was wanting done. That was about a month ago, still no reply. I was wondering what that "time and true" was that he listed in the gunsmith services, and was wonding if it would be worthwhile to have done while the haveing the scope base fixed. Thanks to this site I found out what the T&T was, and I think I want to have that done too. So I was thinking having the base problem fixed, T&T action, install his competition recoil lug. Anything else? I really like his tactical bolt handle (friend at the range has one) and I would like to have one for mine. But he doesnt offer it for left handed actions.

So should I just call?

[img width=600 height=347]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/JeepsAndGuns/oldgun061.jpg[/img]