I'm looking at putting my 308 barrel aside and using a 260, Creedmore or 6.5 x 47 barrel. I'm looking at using the gun to shoot in tactical matches. I think I like the 260 the best but it sounds like the heavy high BC bullets have to be pushed into the casing since they are too long. The Creedmore sounds like it's the next best choice but I hear many say they think it might be a die out as a fad. I think Hornady has brass for it but I'm used to using Lapaua. The 6.5 x 47 sounds like a good choice but it has the least case capacity and you have to really push it to get it to have close to the the same velocity as the other two.

Does anyone have experience shooting a 260 out of a 10 FCP - K, 308, 4 round detachable mag? If so, please let me know if you had to use smaller bullets with lower BC's.

Oh, back to my original question. Can you suggest where I can buy good drop in barrels for my Savage 10 FCP - K? I'm thinking I would go with a 1 in 8 twist with a 25 inch SS barrel. I would hope to shoot close to 140 grain VLD's out of the gun.

Thanks,
Eric