I am a blessed man- the daughters went together and got me a Cabela's gift card for Christmas, gave it to me early as they "knew" there would be sales. (They also knew the old man was an impatient sort.

So today I was looking through all the scopes, and ultimately ended up in the Bargain Cave. (BTW- I could not work at Cabelas- I'd end up owing more than I made...) Anyway there was a Nikon Buckmasters there, a "discontinued" tag on it, 6-18x40, hand turrets with two sets of turret knobs (one is wider at the top for ease in dialing) and it came with a sunshade. New in the box- well, I'm sure it had been handled but NO marks or issues, VERY clear. It has the Niko-plex recticle- I wish it had mildots like the other I just got.BUT full lifetime warranty, box, all paperwork, $223.00. It's now mine!

Trying to decide if I keep the 4.5-14 x 40 mildot Buckmasters on the .223 or put the 6-18 on it and put the 4.5-14 on the Hog Hunter. Decisions...

I was also given a set of Leuopold rings and bases- the double dovetail type, and for the life of me I cant find any numbers or markings on the rings or bases to indicate what type(s) of rifles they will fit properly. Does anyone know how to determine this? I thought I might use them on the Hog Hunter until I got money to get Burris Sig. zee's. The Hog Hunter is in the shop getting the front sight re-mounted, so I cant readily measure right now. If any of you Hog Hunter owners know the mount screw spacings on the receiver and can tell me I'd appreciate it! Impatient man that I am...I just might have to wait to get the gun back LOL!

Anyway- opinions / comments welcomed, I'm a very happy and blessed guy! Brian