I recently purchased this gun, and I would appreciate some insights and suggestions for upgrades. The Fxxxxxx serial number places this in the 1989-1995 build range. It is .308 with a staggered feed blind magazine. There were no iron sights on the gun, so I had my local gunsmith supply some plug screws to fill the holes. I removed the factory butt plate and installed a Limb Saver slip on that did not interfere with the sling mount. I had the Kwik Site scope mounts that are pictured on the gun. I want to get a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 with BDC to fill them.

I do not have a manual for this, I would like one....any ideas where I could find it?

Aftermarket stocks, is it worth a change to a full bedded one vs Pillar? I see plenty of pretty stocks that would improve the looks for under 100 bucks but they have no bedding.

Note the bolt lugs in my pics, the rear one has an extension that I don't see on other rifles except for the heavier calibers like .338 Lapua. Is this just old school building them to last or has my gun been altered/repaired at some point?

I also would like to polish the whole bolt assembly up so it looks a little nicer, suggestions on how? I plan on replacing the bolt handle too.

If there are any parts that would benefit from an upgrade like extractor springs or some other parts please let me know? It doesn't have an accu-trigger, but it is quite smooth and well broken in so I don't plan on changing it.

Pictures:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]