A couple of weeks ago I was out at the range with my neighbor and he had brought out a couple of CZ 455 rifles in .17hmr and .17MACH-II. I had never shot a .17 before and, needless to say, I was impressed.

After the range session, I did a little research and found that Bud's Gun shop had a Savage Model 93 available in .17hmr. This one is their "Plain Jane" wood stocked version with a heavy barrel and left handed bolt. The price was pretty decent, so I figured this would be a great way to "Test the waters" so to speak and I ordered one.

I just picked up the rifle yesterday from my local gun shop and while it is their basic model, the fit and finish is excellent and the Accu-Trigger sure is sweet! I had a spare BSA 6x24x40 AO Mil Dot scope laying around, so I threw that on just to get me ready for the range. Eventually I will get a Mueller scope to replace the BSA. I also threw on a Harris bipod.

I did some horse trading with my neighbor and came away with three boxes of .17hmr ammo. One box is the Hornady 17grain V-Max ballistic tips (Red), a box of Federal Premium V-Shock 17 grain ballistic tips (Black) and a box of Hornady 20 grain XTP hollow points.

I can't wait to head out to the range to get this baby sighted in....