I think I found this rifle's happy load with the SMK's and VihtaVouri N135. Normally I don't spend for this "Scandinavian Fairy-Dust" but I snagged a few lbs. during the big "scare" earlier as a "get anything I can", but the stuff does shoot.

See attached snaps. Both loads were at 2.280 COAL and run with Rem 7 1/2 BR's. Powder was hand measured to 0.1 with no allowance for +.1 or -.1. Range was standard 100 Yards. Charge Ladders were 21.6g to 22.2g in 0.2 Steps and another set of 4 loads at 23.0 to 23.6 in 0.2 Steps. I had already "Narrowed Down" where my 2 Accuracy Nodes were from previous day.

Weather was very nice with 0-5 breeze at 90 deg. to flight, but obviously didn't make much diff. Temp about 75+. Low humidity and Sea-Level (yup, it's Florida)

Rifle is a stock 12 BTCSS .223 with (unfortunately) a 1-9 twist. Shooting off of front bag with "fist" for rear support.

Low VV Book was quite good @ 21.6 grains with a 0.422 MOA (0.442) and I was feeling pretty good.

A little later-on, in middle of the load charge-range, though, I really found a sweet spot at 23.0 grains. This one shot at 0.325 MOA (0.342") Oh yeah, I think I'll make a lot of these...

NUTS, I don't have any photo-bucket kind of thing so no pictures to share, but the groups do look nice...

Hope is of use to anyone playing around with loads for their Savage, 1-9 twist, .223 Varmint rig. I will try at 200 yds. next time and see how they do when they fly a little longer.