Hi,
I just bought a model 11 in 308 Winchester. I sighted it in with Herter's ammo from Cabelas. I had no problems with it. The gun shoots fine. After I got it shooting 1.5-2" group at 100 yards, I switched over to Winchester Ballistic silvertips. HORRIBLE. Not even on the target at all(15"x17") shot 3 or 4 rounds to make sure I wasn't jerking the rifle, nothing. switched to 50 yards. shooting 5-6 inches to the right & 3-4 low. walked it up to near zero(I only had 20 rounds with me) & switched back to 100 yards. again not on the target. switched back to the Herter's & got it back more or less on target before I ran of that. I did bump the scope pretty good on the table, but it wouldn't hit before, and afterwards I could still do 2 shot groups with the Herter's while I was sighting it back in. Deer season is right around the corner, anyone have any ammo recommendations? Hoping I can find some Remington or hornady in the next day or 2. Got more of the Herter's at home, but I can't hunt with it. It's FMJ & illegal in Missouri.

On another note, 3 gobblers with nice long beards were walking around the range today, oblivious to my buddy & I & my 308.