Alright guys I need some help before I pull the trigger and have a bolt kiss my retina. What started as a factory savage 110 chambered in 30-06, is now a switch barrel .300 win mag. What I need help with is I need reassurance before I pull trigger. I bought by accident a bolt head for .300wm but it used the small firing pin instead of the large original pin, so I drill the hole out using the original bolt head as a guide think it was a #49 or #51 drill bit if I remember correctly. Is this ok or wil I have problems with firing pin? I switched out the 06 for a McGowan varmint contour 26" stainless barrel, when I headspaced I put go gauge in and screwed barrel until felt it hit go gauge. Took the gauge out and measured oal and put a piece of scotch tape on gauge and remeasured and got .0015 to .002. I then torqued the nut using Jim's action wrench and barrel nut to 45ftlbs. Putting go gauge in with tape on base of gauge the bolt will half way close. Is this sounding good is there any problems the pros are seeing before I pull the trigger this weekend? I also wanted to know if I can gun kote the bolt body or will that cause clearance problems and stiff bolt travel. Please help me out in case I did something wrong before I fire it thanks a million guys! Ill post pictures as soon as I get a chance it turned out pretty nice for my first build and I'm already dreaming of another one!