Thread: Savage 10 TR or 10 P-SR? Which one to get?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    M4J0R T0M

Savage 10 TR or 10 P-SR? Which one to get?

I've been researching the net for the last couple days trying to decide on a 308 hunting rifle that I can convert to a precision rifle later on down the road. Originally I was going to get a Remington 700 AAC-SD, but was convinced to take a look at Savage and I'm glad I did. I found some info on the 10 P-SR and 10 TR and decided I wanted the TR but couldn't find one anywhere. So after deciding on a 10 P-SR, low and behold I came across someone selling a TR locally.

Heres my dilemma, I know I'm getting one of these rifles for sure but I can't decide which. The P-SR is gonna cost me $530 shipped to my ffl and the TR is gonna cost me $700 shipped to my ffl (apparently the guy knows that it's a rare rifle).

With the TR I'm getting the rail, the accustock, and an extra 2" on the barrel. I'll eventually be getting a .308 can and suppressing the rifle and after this deer season probably be ditching the factory stock for something a little more "tacticool".

Is it worth the extra $150 for the TR considering my intended uses? I like the fact that I'd have a rare and collectible rifle and the extant barrel length for velocity. But I also like the shorter barrel of the P-SR for suppression and I'll be ditching the stock later on anyways. What do y'all think?

Here are some links to the rifles in case you aren't familiar with them. Savage 10 P-SR and the Savage 10 TR and here
    Last edited by M4J0R T0M; 09-27-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.