I bought a new 30-06 from cabelas about a month ago. Its a beautiful rifle, accutrigger, laminate stock-BUT I cant get it to shoot. Three trips to the range and 5 Different types of factory ammo and they all do the same thing. There is almost zero horizontal deflection (you could draw a straight line through the groups), but vertically its a 1 1/2 or 2 inch spread. It has a Nikon 4-12 scope on it. Mind you i was shooting off a bipod and I know there are varying opinions on this. I know will some will say its shooter error, but if i can get those types of grouping from a 1943 mosin with a $30 scope on it, I would expect a little more from a new rifle. I have tried adjusting torque on the action bolt, loading the bipod, letting it free recoil, tight grip pressure, light grip pressure,etc-but the results are the same.. some times i'll even put 2 rounds touching but then the next will be 2 inches high. Dont know what else to do from here. Also, shouldn't the pillars actually touch the action? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks