Recently I bought a new 338 Lapua in the Savage 110 HS Precision stock. I mounted a EGW one piece mount with ARC 30mm rings and a SWFA SS HD 5-20X50mm scope. All the rings and base screws were carefully cleaned, locktited in place and torqued at the time of install. When I started shooting I noted a Bimodal distribution of the 3 shot load development groups I was shooting. Sometimes 1 should would start then the next one approx 1" high and then the 3rd would return to the same hole as the first shot. Other times it shoots 2 bullets in one hole then the 3rd 1" high. I have seen this over and over for a while now. I assumed it was either bedding or scope mounts so I took everything back apart and re installed the scope (the fine base screws were not quite as tight as I would have liked upon removal so perhaps the recoil had loosened them up some. Then I also bedded the entire action and floated the barrel. After all this was finished I was anxious to get back to the range with my hand loads. Starting with Retumbo and 300 grain Nosler and Berger bullets I started launching them and the very first group was right on POI. NExt shot in the same hole, third shot approx 1" high again. This repeated throughout the 6 three round groups.

I am still getting some .5"-.75" groups but a few are opening up to 1"-1.5" at 100 yards. I realize this is pretty good but with the rifle showing me it can do two bullets in the same hole, I want 3 in the same hole. other than swapping out the scope to a different rifle I dont know what else to try. I have loaded lots of different powers, bullets, cases, primers, seating depths etc etc.

Thoughts?