Hello all,
I've always wanted to go hunting for deer so this may I decided that's exactly what I'm going to do.the main reason is for meat but a rack isn't going to bother me none :) I took my hunters ed class and I went out and picked up a savage axis xp in .270 based on many recommendations by trusted friends and chose .270 based on kick, flight, ammo availability and stopping power. I've been using rem core lokt 150g at the range and plan on using federal premium 150g for the hunt. Here in oregon whitetails are protected so its black or mules for me. I plan on heading to the east side of the coast range for opening day (sep 27) and plan on waiting near the top of a three year old clear cut that runs down(250-300y) the side of a ridge to a covered creek about 20y yards deep. Any thoughts? I'm completely new to deer hunting though I have been small game hunting before. I haven't had a chance to scout but when I was driving in to do a quick look at the place I nearly hit a doe and what I thought was a yearling fawn so I think I'm in the right place. Anyone have any "wish I woulda known"s or "if I could do it over again"s they would like to share I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free