After putting 20 rounds(Winchester PowerMax 150gr.) through the rifle first buying it I decided to cut a coil and a half off the spring after watching/reading some tutorials. (I only did the spring...I did not polish the sear.) That went fine with no issues.

A few days later when I finally got my hands on some more ammo(Monarch .308 I decided to give it a try. The first shot fired and the trigger pull felt GREAT! Next shot...click! Tried the next round...click! One more try...Fire! I looked at the primers of the FTFs and they were clearly not as indented as those of the fired round. All in all I only had success with 4 of 10 rounds I tried before getting worried and stopping.

Okay, so I was hoping I would hop online and look up reviews for that particular ammo (Monarch .308 steel 145gr.) and they would be horrible and have tons of reports of the same issue. But no, mostly the reviews were positive and solid.

Sooooo...I am now freaking out thinking I have done something wrong with my trigger job although I did exactly as everything said to and no one else seems to have this problem after they do theirs.

Any ideas?