And things were going SO well. Decided to paint my stock yesterday..wife and I at Lowes and she actually picked out a cool color- kinda "Coyote" Tan, textured finish. Came out AWESOME. BUT THEN...

Can't keep my grubby little scratchers offa things that aren't broken! Decided to do a "pillar bed" on my action screws. So I found some "nut-certs" at work- with a flange, almost perfect length. Did the rear action bolt (at trigger guard)..Great! Then the "front" bolt. That particular bolt seems short- but never a problem. The stock is a savage OEM tupperware circa 1990s. I went to "inlet" the "pillar" and with the pillar flush to the bottom of the stock the bolt was too short. A little more inletting...CRAP-A-MUNDO! Broke through into the "open space" inside. So I got the stinkin' pillar in, and JB welded a washer to it to form a kinda "dam" and am now layering JB Weld inside and out to try to reinforce the area. The original bolt channel is still there- hanging on by the molded reinforcements. Looks "plumb"..we'll see.

Thanks God I'm a paid member. Saw a used stock for sale I inquired about and Boyd's has a Tacticool that might work- PM'd them too.

DANG! I don't need this- but lesson learned; pay attention and consider ALL possible "Murphy's" (as in Murphey's Law) before drilling, cutting and hacking! I need this like a hole in the head!

Brian