Well, after recovering from some minor surgery.....plus letting this heat dome get out of the way....I've FINALLY have had a chance to take the Model .17 out to the field for some groundhog hunting. I was using my load of Berger 25gr bullets over H-335 and for the two hours I spent in the field, saw about half a dozen 'hogs, shot at 3, connected with two, and the one that I thought I hit.....I guess I just made him (like in the old western movies) dance a bit!!! That third one was behind a clump of grass and just peeking his big fat head up, so I aimed right at the bottom of the grass. Well.....I hit the grass clump and that 'hog jumped a foot in the air....and dove right into his hole. (I gave him a 8.5 out of 10 for style). That's OK. I know where he lives and I'll be back.

But....here's the other two. A big "Mom" and a little offspring:

Little "Junior" was about 125 yards and I was a bit surprised that the bullet gave me such a dramatic exit. (You can see exit "stuff" in the pic). Big momma was really close at only 50 yards. You can see the entrance wound.....but no exit wound....which is more what I expected from the berger bullets. I guess Junior needed to get more poundage on him.

Dave