Always great to take a trip to Cabelas-like a kid in a candy store I've gotta oogle everything! Picked up a set of Burris Sig. Zee's 1" med., matt. I believe they are going to solve one problem immediately; with the EGW rail and Warne med. Maximus rings my scope (Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40) I was at the lower-most verticle area when sighting in the other week. The Sig. Zees, although also listed as medium, are much lower than the Warnes I had on my 110 .223 LA. So I did the "mirror" trick to mechanically re-center the recticle, and I'm looking forward to sighting the rifle in with these new rings.

I was a little disappointed that Cabelas (Hamburg Pa., BTW) did not carry the Posi-align inserts. In fact the "Scope Dude" I talked too didn't seem to know anything about these inserts. Because my scope with the Warne's was also extremely horizontally set at sight in, a couple of you good folks suggested I get the offsets to correct this.

I ordered the offset insert kit from Brownells. Once they come it I'll take 'em with me to the range and get everything "straight".

Not being well versed in all things rifle, I was wondering if anyone experienced problems removing their Sig. Zees once mounted? Because the base-part is integral to the frame, I wonder that once the rings are secure to the base if there will have to be any prying to loosen the grip?

I hope I did this right, but I took the cross bolts out to slide the rings on to the EGW base. They fit very well side-to-side and didn't take much torgue to seat them. After making sure they were "forward" in the notches, I torqued them to 35 inch pounds. I torqued the cap bolts to about 18 inch pounds. It all seems very secure.

Anything else I need to know? I imagine that when I haul all this to the range it may be a challenge to get the right inserts into the right position within the rings. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to not even need the offset inserts

Also-can someone explain what I read in an archived post? It was said that you can put, say a .10 insert into the front ring and a .5 into the rear ring to get a total of .15 deflection? Did I read that right? Trying to understand how that works. I always try to understand the mechanics of anything I use so I have the knowledge and if necessary can pass it on to someone else if need be.

As always- THANKS! Brian