I am customizing my 2006 Model 16 FHSS. I did some searches to gather info. but what I am trying to do either hasn't been talked about in awhile or I don't know how to search the forum (I am new). I recently bought the aforementioned Savage in a 325WSM to compliment my Ruger Mk II 7mm-08 (Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40), and Remington 700 .243 (Bushnell 3-9x40). Its going to be my Elk, Moose and whatever else Long Range Shooter.

First I bought from Stocky's a laminated thumbhole Bone Gray "Tundra" for $139 on sale. It was in stock and arrived within a week. I ordered the stuff to convert to a blind mag ($35), hoping that later down the road I might have the hinged magazine on it... but keeping it simple for now. I haven't put the stock and the action together yet because one is in Georgia and the other is in Oregon. I am going to Oregon mid Feb and will assemble it then. I really think the Bone Gray is going to look awesome with the Stainless barrel.

Second, at a Gun Show I made an impulse buy on a Scope. It is an Osprey International 6-24x with AO and illuminated reticule. It has Hoya glass lenses. It may turn out good or bad impulse, but I thought the lenses were pretty sharp and with a lifetime warranty it seemed like a decent budget scope. I have a Leupold VXII 3-9x40mm on the rifle now, But thought I'd give the Osprey Intl a try.

Here is where I am going next.
-Bi Pod. The Tundra stock has two fore end studs. One for sling and One for Bi Pod.
-Glass Bedding/Floating Barrel

And way out in the future I think I would like to try getting another WSM Barrel maybe in .270 or 7mm, just for fun.

Any comments or recommendation will be appreciated. Specifically, about bi-pods, do it yourself glass bedding? Osprey Scopes? Where to get stainless barrels?