Hi Folks! I'm a new guy (greenhorn, FNG, etc.) and at 57 yoa have re-entered the world of rifle shooting. So I got a new to me 110 in .223, varminter barrel, long action, Tupperware stock that I love but I'm having some scope issues. Enter the experts...I hope.

The rifle came with an EGW picitinney rail- first time I've used one. Mounted my scope using Warne medium maximus rings. The scope is a Nikon 4-12x40 Prostaff. Really good for the price (money is T I G H T). Well I dialed it in for the first time yesterday. At 100 yards I am VERY close to optical right extreme horizontally, and also in the lower-most portion optically vertically. For what I'll be doing with the gun (target to 200-300 yds.) varmints, my much more experienced buddy said I'd be fine, but brothers, IT BUGS DE CRAP OUTA ME!!

So, don't have the scratch to have a smith mount / remount the base, am only semi-handy doing gunsmith stuff. (I did get a FAT wrench..I can plug in the poundage and the bits..).

Will anyone suggest a good set of rings with windage adjustment? My price range upper end is $60.00. I'm open to other suggestions too...

Also having a bugger of a time aligning the rectical. I'd like to get a "Level, Level, Level" or similar product, but in the meantime I have two small bubble levels (former line levels). Can someone suggest where I might find a surface on the rifle itself to level it?

Thanks and sorry for the new guy questions.

Brian