Thread: Model 10 5R Mil Spec 24" fluted 11:25 twist and 150GR SMK

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Model 10 5R Mil Spec 24" fluted 11:25 twist and 150GR SMK

This is what I gave myself for fathers day this past sunday.
    Great day to send em out to 1K
    3 hits measuring 1.5" at 1000 yds using simple 150gr SMK,s/RL-15 and a simple $150.00 BSA Tactical 6x24x44.
    I hit this plate often at 1000 with patterns from 2" to 7" to 10...but this sunday was one of the best fathers day presents..... I knew my patterns were close, but I my jaw dropp,d when I went to take down my shooting alarm system at 1000.
    Im posting this for "certain" disbelievers....if ya wanna continue disbelieving thats your choice (frankly I could care less)
    Ive been part of several shooting forums for many yrs and for the most part, I hold Savage Shooters as one of the best. Always like to keep it honest,professional,productive.
    Ive been reloading for the past 35yrs and everytime out is an everytime learning expierence, from getting lucky to calling the wind to correct body to firearm applications to really doing your homework and applying everything youve learned in that time span.
    I know for a fact that some luck and some expierence and some luck from the wind gods from above was involved in this but hey!...it was fathers day. I only wish that my boy would have been out there with me to celebrate the outcome. If Id of known that the shooting gods from above were going to bless me with such an occassion, Id of film,d, but the fact of the mastter is?... I didnt. All I have are these hit marks on my hit alarm system, but believe you me... Its gives me great joy and satisfaction that my Savage came thru.
    Theres 2 hits almost touching each other at about 6 and 1 to the upper right of those two. Theres a piece of black paint that chip,d off right below the 2 that are sitting together.
    My appologize for my rant....but I was raised to defend myself.
    Last edited by eddiesindian; 06-18-2013 at 10:50 PM.