Sunday I ordered the Varmint Thumb-hole laminated gunstock with the Forest Camo finish and it arrived today. I have always been a fan of the polymer type stocks since my rifles are no safe queens and they all go to the field to hunt. I have to say I love the look on this stock. I am so in love with the looks that I dont think I will end up painting it like I had plan to. I will have to do some fiddling around as the dimensions seems to be just a hair off. It is a very tight fit and the barrel touches the stock. After a bit of looking and checking I determined that the inlet for the recoil lug was not done correctly or the action screws holes are off... If I take the recoil lug off everything fits ok for exception that a dollar bill will fit between the stock and barrel but it is a tight fit which is a bit too tight for me specially in a wood stock. I did not check the tang. If I only install the action I can see where the action edge where the barrel and recoil lug is supposed to be is not flush with the recoil lug resting place. I will have to either dremel/sand it or chisel it out but I want to be careful and not over do it. I will bed this stock with pillars and all in the coming month but want to take it out to shoot maybe this weekend. I do not have a lot of faith on that thin recoil pad so I will later on change it to a limbsaver brand one. If anyone knows which limbsaver pad will fit this stock without modification please let me know otherwise I will be getting either the one you can fit like a sock over the stock or the one that you can grind off. That thing is so light that 30-06 is going to sting!!!

One thing that I found annoying is Boyds having a stock that is named varmint but does not fit a varmint barrel without modifications. Beats me....

Anyway, for the price I dont see how could I have done better! Pictures to follow once I get it all mounted properly.