I just purchased a youth Axis XP in .243. The first thing I did was remove scope, rings, and bases and then reattach them with the use of blue locktite( several of the screws were not snugged up ). Next up I trimmed the trigger spring 1 1/2 coils and buffed the sear area. The current pull is 4lbs on a five pull avg. Sorry didn't get a pull wt. prior to trigger work. My guess would be close to 7.5-8lbs. Next was bore sighting(just did it by eye), then it was off to range. I pulled a bore snake snake through the barrel 3 times. 1st shot at 25 yds- adjusted scope --2nd shot at 100yds- adjusted scope-- 3rd shot at 100yds- 1 1/2 inches high and centered. That was it for day one, took it home cleaned it with wipe-out/patch-out. Now day two at the range- 1st shot at 100yds 2 inches high--2nd shot at 200yds -dead center of three inch target - 3rd shot at 300 yds centered but right on a nine inch target (I had the hold over pegged but not the 12 mph cross wind). The bottom line, I've only fired 6 rounds through the gun and can tell I have a keeper. The ammo used is 100 grain blue box federals. I look forward to working on some reloads, but who knows--I may not be able to beat the federals? I plan to clean the barrel after every 3 rounds, until I get to 15 rounds. This may not be a wife/kid rifle after all? I'll keep you posted.