so I decided to bed my long action 110 in 308. I got the pillar kit from the guy on ebay, and I have a bedrock bedding kit I got awhile back.

The pillars are really thick. Before I remembered I had rasps, I used drillbits, and the only ones I had larger than the pillar was pretty large, I think I made it too big. I am thinking of also putting a washer on the end of the screw so it doesn't look like a gaping hole.

The front takedown screw is pretty close to the trigger group. The front pillar had to be ground because there is a trigger group part (the lever you push forward to remove the bold) and it didn't have clearance until I ground it. I am planning to claim some bedding area in the back part of that pillar, away from the trigger group. I'll try to take a pic tommorrow and post it a pic of the screwed in pillar.

I think my savage is a differant model than the 110's I have seen bedded on the web. My trigger seems to be pressed in. There is a pin but the end you would push out is expanded, I don't think I can just push the pin out like my rugers or ar's. So I was going to leave it in, which I think I need to do anyway to make sure I have enough clearance for everything. I am planning on covering it with plenty of tape, clay, and releasing agent.

I am also planning on bedding around the barrel lug. There is some over the magazine well (I have the internal magazine) which doesn't leave much for bedding, so I was going to bed a little in front of it, about an inch all together.

The pillars are contoured so I am going to use the takedown screws to attach them to the rifle and insert it like that. I actually have to snug the front one up pretty good because an shifting of that pillar will interfere with the above mentioned part. Most of the bedding instructions say to use a 3inch bold and cut the head off. I don't understand the reasoning in cutting the head off, and from what I am seeing I need to leave mine on so the pillar will stay properly aligned to the barrel.

Is there anything in my plans I should be aware of? Anybody have any hints or tips pertaining to the 110? Or a pillar hold that could have been a tad smaller? I am familier with bedding, only from bedding my ruger 10/22's. Is leaving the trigger in going to present a problem?