I've been waiting for months to shoot my 10 FCP with the HS stock. Today I did. It wasn't what I hoped for.

I got it on paper quickly by using a big sheet of paper and putting a round out at 25 yards. After making the correction and firing two for effect I had a bad feeling.

Moving out to 100 yards, I shot a few more rounds and got it closer to the aim point but it wasn't settling down. At this point I took the bipod off and went to using the front rest and bag I use with all my other rifles. The final 7 shots grouped 2.75" for 7 shots.

Ammo is Winchester 180g Power Point, I bought a bunch of this because I couldn't get brass to reload from scratch. Scope is a Vortex Viper PST, all screws for mount and base were tightened with a torque wrench.

The trigger is nice, I wasn't able to anticipate the break, I didn't put the magazine in correctly twice so I failed to strip off a round twice. When it went click I did not see any flinching not that that should be an issue, I'm used to calling my shots, Marines taught me something.

Now that I have 20 cases fired in my chamber, I'm thinking 10 loaded with 168g BT and 10 loaded with 190g BT, sure wish I could find 175g SMK but things are crazy.

Any ideas on what I should look at? The crown looks good.

Thanks,

Szumi