I have bedded my ruger 10/22's and now I want to bed my 110 .308. I have enough of my brownell kit, plus some jbweld and have ordered the pillar bedding kit from ebay, so I'm all set.

The procedure seems to be a little differant than how I did my .22's though. I did the pillar first with them, then the action. It seems like doing them in one unit, like the article suggests, would risk the action setting crooked in the stock. I'm not comfortable with the idea for some reason, maybe just because I've done it a differant way.

Also, I am wondering about suspending the rifle upside down during the curing process. I didn't do that for my .22's, it didn't even occur to me. Is this done because of the increased weight of the action? I used latex torniquets (like they use when you donate blood)
when I did the rugers. They are stretchy and flat, they're easy to control the tension on and stay tied.

The article also states that the trigger group might need 3 hands to assemble. I have not had a need to remove the trigger group, and I don't have my rifle in front of me, so I tried to search for a procedure for that and couldn't find one. The steps I did find didn't sound complicated, maybe it was for a differant model. Is this something I'm going to need a diagram for? I have the non-adjustable one.

My 110 worked well this past hunting season, I should probably leave well enough alone but since I am replacing the current crappy scope and rings, I may as well bed it, it can't be any worse than my 10/22's from the sound of it.

I can't wait to get a new scope on it! I've ordered a 1 piece picatinny rail mount, burris extreme tactical rings. I am planning on putting a bushnell elite 4200 3x9x40. I've ordered the low rings, I hope they work.

I hope bedding my rifle doesn't lead to an extensive gun building project. ;D That's what happened with my 10/22's. I actually have most parts for another one but it's too easy to turn a 200 gun into a 400 gun so I havn't started that one yet :D