Was given some new un-opened boxes of Remington Core-Lokt 165 grn in 30-06. Fairly new, he was going to use it in his Garand but decided he wanted to stick with M2 Ball for the time being. Opened the boxes up and some of the bullets have slid in the cartridge carriers and banged up the lead noses. Some are ok and some are quite visibly flattened or offset to the side. I figured that I could use them for fun as trying to get them all the same could be an exercise in futility. Thinking of chucking them in a drill press or 1/2" drill and turning slowly in steel wool to at least get them round again. I figure, guessing actually, that trying to get a reasonable group past 100 yards is not really possible, as they, so far, all appear to be slightly different.

Any ideas? Other than have fun with them and use the brass for reloading. I have a 116 Weather Warrior., 03A1 and Garand, so it's not like I can't use them for "plinking" or close range stuff. But I wouldn't expect miracles on a "money" shot of some kind.