I just recently purchased a 110 fcp hs lapua with the intent of reloading for just this particular round. I have never reloaded before due to the fact I just buy factory loads for my other guns (which will probably change now). I am using once fired sellier&bellot brass as of right now. I was pleased with these cheap factory rounds so I figured I'd reuse the brass until I can find some lapua brass in stock. I do not own a C.O.L gauge so I figured I could do it the old fashioned way. I used a piece of prepped non primed brass and necked it so that the bullet (300 gn Berger OTM hybrids) would fit snugly in.

I loaded the kind round and closed the bolt. This should technically give me my O.L touching the lands right? I did this procedure 5 times to get a good average. Every time I got 3.825 except one that was 3.820. I want to start my loads .0015 off the lands so I set seating die to 3.81. I thing SAMMI specs are in the neighborhood of 3.681?? Everything went smooth untime I starting looking around on this sight and saw most people's C.O.L were in the 3.7's. Did I do something wrong. I double and tripple checked my measurements. Showing I try applying some marking dye to the bullet and chamber the round and see if it is hitting? I am a little hesitant about chambering a live, first time re-loader, round in the house. Please help.

Thanks,
David