I have been reading alot of posts on here from guys shooting the 300 win mag with all types of bullets but it seems that the only bullets really discussed is the 180AB for elk hunting.... I sure understand that bullet placement is what brings the animal down quickly and humanly, but is 180gr really needed for that??? I'm not planning on taking any shots over 400yds.

I have worked up a load shooting the Nosler 168BT with IMR 4350 @ 69.0gr .007 off the lands and having good groups of .5-.75MOA @ 100. To save some time I would really like to tweak it alittle for the 165AB and hunt elk with that load. I have a couple quesitons and concerns, is the IMR not a good choice to hunt in WY winters and 165AB good enough? I hear alot of people talking bout H4831SC for the temps and IMR is not the powder of choice for that.

IF i can just switch to the H4831SC and shoot the 165AB that wouldn't be so bad, so what ever help you could suggest that would be cool. I just figured everyone here could give me some insite to this.

so wha tya think???? Again thanks for all your help, you guys really help me out.