I have a fairly new mod#25 in .204 that has been nothing but a pain in the side. the gun shot factory hornady 40gr vmax's just fine. took the gun to nebraska for a pdog shoot and when i used my buddy's handloads 27gr AA2520 CCI primers 40 gr vmax the primers would spit out a tiny piece of metal into the bolt head making the gun inoperable. cases showed no signs of bulging, cracking, etc. only thing was that where the firing pin struck the primer a small circular piece of the primer spit back in the firing pin opening. when i finally cleaned it there where several small pieces in the bolt head. using the same loads with different primers-no problems at all.
so i shyed away from CCI primers and had no problems for a while. took the gun out before xmas to shoot and now it will not extract spent cases! i have to use a cleaning rod to extract shot cases from the gun.
what gives? do i just have a lemon? and boy it sure is hard to work the bolt after every shot. i have probably shot 6-700 rounds through the gun. i am not a cleaning fanatic but i do clean the gun at least once every day it is shot.