Hey gents,

After seeing a 338 Edge build posted by another member, I have a few questions about a build I have been contemplating for some time.

I have a spare Savage Target action RBRP lying around waiting to do something with and this is what I was thinking:

-Savage Target action with PT&G 338 Lapua bolt head and .701 diameter PT&G bolt body(action would be trued by my local smith)
- McMillan A5
- Rock Creek or Krieger barrel in MTU contour finished at 29 inches 1:9.3 twist with a diameter of 1.350 at the shank to delete the barrel nut and have a seamless diameter from action to recoil lug to barrel.
- stick with the target accutrigger
- chambered in 338 Lapua Improved(40 degree shoulder)

I know I would have to pull the bolt to remove a loaded round, that doesn't bother me.

My main question is, on PT&G's website, they have the option to order a bolt head with 338 lapua bolt face, right port, for a short action. The whole build sort of hinges on the ability to get this part. Should this bolt head fit??

The reason I am stuck on the Lapua bolt face is that I have a bunch of 338 Lapua brass that I got a hell of deal on planning on buying a factory 338 one day. But this project wouldn't cost much more than the factory offerings(up here in Canada at least), and I could do the Improved chamber and end up with a match barrel instead of gambling with a factory tube.

If I didn't already have the Lapua brass I would probably just go with an improved version of the Edge, but I have 300 pieces of once fired Lapua brass already.

I tried asking this on one of the Canadian forums I frequent more often, but just not as many knowledgable barrel nutters up here

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks!