A simply amazing rifle. Bone stock including the trigger. When I bought her SLIGHTLY used in Nov 2011 I was initially disappointed in her accuracy, but reloads showed a glimmer of hope. With factory ammo she struggled to stay under 2 1/4 inches for 3 at 100. Handloads brought it down to the 1 1/2 inch range, but she seemed to want to do better. Around the 400 round mark she suddenly found the target with inch groups as common as not. Re- reading the instructions for the Lee collet dies, they suggest sizing and rotating the case and sizing again for " better accuracy". Oh boy what a great suggestion( although I'm confused why such an idea would work...)! I immediately noticed an improvement in neck tension and a significant improvement in accuracy as the loads that shot m.o.a. are now shooting into 3/8 to 5/8 for 3 at 100! This 111 was made in June of 1999 according to a nice lady at Savage, and was a true impulse purchase that I am SO glad I made! So far, 2 deer and my first black bear have fallen to this humble Savage. Kinda the " Millennium Falcon" effect. Not much to look at, but she's got it where it counts... You can have your " better" or " more advanced " rifles. These 110-111 series Savages prove that the words " cheap" and "inexpensive" are not interchangeable.