Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeShooter View Post
thanks for the response bigedp51.
I have been messing with this mixed brass all weekend, and just yesterday I gave up on it, dumped all, except 200 hunting/practice cases in 100 count bags to sell at the LGS. I am looking for 200 new matching lot number cases of Laupa, Norma, Nosler, or Hornady brass. I just can't find any, so I was trying to use what I have. I'll just have to wait until the smoke clears on the panic buying of .223 components.
Even if I find brass, I still can't find any match bullets.
ShowMeShooter

I resized, trimed to length, uniformed the primer pockets and flash holes on 200 of the mixed Remington .223 cases I have.

I then sorted them by weight to within 1/10 of a grain, I then measured neck thickness and body thickness at given points. There were variations in case thickness which made just weighing the cases pointless and this test pointless.

I loaded 20 of my best mixed cases against a new box of 20 Winchester cases of the same lot number and these Winchester cases had a more weight variations between them. The Winchester cases out shot the mixed brass by a good margin and a lessen was learned. There is a difference between military shooting in minutes of man, and accuracy shooting in minutes of an inch. You will never shoot a bug hole group using mixed brass.

Complete Precision Case Prep
http://www.accurateshooter.com/techn...ion-case-prep/

Below is mixed brass humor when shooting Zombies with a AR...........
Your going to need a lot of 30 round mags.