Hey guys first time posting in here but been lurking and reading for quite some time. I got hooked long range hunting with a Remington 7mag about 5-6 years ago and didn't shoot that much but enjoyed long range shooting because its challenging and fun. Fast forward a couple of years I become a little more financially stable so I purchase a new Savage LRP 6.5 creedmoor with a Nightforce NXS 5-22. First time out I was ringing steel at 850 and was immediately hooked. Within a year I sold the LRP and had a custom built 6.5 creedmoor on a surgeon action in a XLR and picked up a GAP10 in 6 Creedmoor. I love both of the guns but they are both HEAVY about 18lbs each.

In the meantime my dad has been running a ministry for young boys that takes them hunting fishing. Well, he only has one rifle which is his 8lb 7mag that is very nice but kicks like a mule especially for a 12 year old. So he always had to borrow a gun to take hunting(usually a old lever action 243).

So I decided I want to build a relatively low recoil deer hunting gun for the kids to use and me to possibly shoot matches with. So that's when I stumbled on a build on 65Creedmoor and Snipershide that I have fallen in love with but wanted to do it on a savage action instead of remind action like his build here https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ub...Number=3203984

I want something that is accurate enough to shoot matches, hunt deer, and be kid friendly in stock LOP, weight, and recoil.

So here is my planned build:
Savage Left Hand Action preferably stainless but beggers can't be choosers eh?
Criterion Light Varmint or Varmint barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor cut to 18" and threaded for badger brake or suppressor.
Rifle Basix Trigger
McCrees Compact Carbine stock. Uses a AR Buffer and adjustable stock. I may have to stuff a little lead in the buffer tube to even out the weight balance of the gun.
USOptics SN3 3-17x44 or Vortex 3-15 FFP.

I can't wait to get my hands on a action so I can order the rest of the parts.