I just got started reloading and the first cartridges I reloaded were 308 Winchester. Everything went great, no problems at all. Last night I go to reload some 270 Winchester and I am having some issues.

I am using a Lee single stage press and Lee full length resizing die. To setup the die I run the ram all the way up with the cartridge holder and thread the die in until it touches the cartridge holder. Then I lower the ram and turn the die in another 1/4 turn and lock it down.

I then lube up the cases with the case lube that came with the Lee kit and run them into the die. When I go to pull the case out of the die the decapping stem gets stuck in the case and pulls the pin out of the die. It is not getting stuck in the flash hole the part of the stem that sizes the neck ID gets stuck at the base of the neck and pulls the entire stem out of the die no matter how tight the lock nut is. This is with the stem adjusted flush with the top of the locking nut per the instruction.

If I adjust the stem down about 1/4" into the locking nut it no longer gets stuck but it does feel very rough pulling through the neck of the case. Should I just use the die set up like this or is there something else going on here? I am sure that I am using plenty of resizing lube and I tried this with Federal, Remington and Winchester brass all having the same results.