I am currently planning to do a few savage builds and need to figure out what stocks I want to use.
For my varmint rig I think I've decided to copy the Winchester Model 70 Coyote Light, as the one I handled felt very comfortable, light, and "pointable"...its also a very good looking gun, in my opinion.

I decided to copy the look, and weight/balance specs in a savage build rather than buying the winchester because I currenly own a model 70 Coyote Outback (basically the same gun, but with a slightly heavier laminate stock) and I'm not really happy with how it shoots (0.9-1MOA at best with the ammo I've tried so far) and the safetly requires an ungainly 15lbs of pressure to engage...so, there will be no more winchesters for me.

Now more to the point, I see Bell and Carlson make the stock..its very light, yet seems solid with its full length "skeletonized" aluminum bedding block. As I don't yet have a savage, to tear down and compare, I can't tell for myself if the actions are similar enough to make this stock work for me....if a light amount of working the stock followed by glass bedding will get the savage in there, that would be perfect.

Better yet, perhaps someone makes a nearly identical stock that Will fit a savage? Or can Bell and Carlson offer this stock to fit actions besides the Win model 70.

Here is a link for anyone that wants to take a look: http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...01C&mid=535115