Last July I ordered three Savage actions Model 12 - RBLP. Had them fitted with PacNor Barrels in 20 Caliber..

Strange thing about them is that all three of them are mis-firing about 10% of the time.

One rifle was for a friend and the other two are mine... we both are using Rem 7-1/2 primers...
The primer strikes are lite on the first strike, and sometimes they will fire on the second try... if they don't fire, the primer strike is deep after three tries.
Don't think they are bad primers because of the lite strikes and definitely different lot # of primers...

Did the Head Space twice on all three rifles and it's set tight.

After the first trip to the range we took the firing pins out and cleaned them and lightly oiled them... On the second trip my two rifles had no problems... about 35 rounds shot through each rifle... Friends rifle still mis-fired...

Third trip yesterday for me and the problem is back...

Went to the range again today after polishing the firing pin area where it goes through the pin up by the bolt face and the problem was worse... mis-fired about 60% of the time...Even tried a new firing pin assy and it mis-fired on the 4th shot...

I am using new brass.. Lake City..

Any Suggestions????