Just getting into hunting and have been looking for a good deal on the right hardware for several weeks now(using borrowed hardware in the mean time). Christmas Eve, I met Santa and picked up a used 110 in .270 with a wood stock, exactly what I wanted and for an excellent price. It pays to be patient.

Squeezed off a few rounds the day after Christmas and got two 1.25" four shot groups at 100 yards right off the bat. Made a 1 degree windage adjustment and we're right on the money.

Really need to get my first deer with it now before Tuesday night when the season ends.

After Tuesday when the season is over, it's a little trigger work on the factory trigger to see how low I can (safely) get it adjusted to. Trying to decide whether to do it myself or get a local shop to do it for me. May ultimately get a Rifle Basix, but for now plan to adjust the factory workings.

Once the trigger is done, I think I'm going to tackle a little refinish job on the stock. It's not terrible, but a little banged up and I'm a tinkerer, so I figure that will be a good project in the off season - though I'd like to get a hog or two while it's good and cold.

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Jbo