So I need some help with my Savage 110, 7MM Rem Mag, Accutrigger, Long Action, with a muzzle break. I have pillar bedded, free floated, and bedded the stock after I noticed that I miss aligned my pillars when I crafted the laminate stock. So now I have the thing sitting nicely in the stock and lock it down.

Next comes the optics and mounts. I have a nice Nikon Monarch 4-16X50 SF in one inch I will be mounting. I already have a set of Leopold 55742 scope bases. The scope will fit, so I am thinking about bedding the mounts, then bedding the rings to the scope, as I am not going to move the scope to a different gun anyway. I want to make sure that the gun is not going to recoil back into the scope; mainly because the way it was previous the action was bucking up into the scope causing my last scope to poop out. All this and I have a muzzle break….LOL

Anyway, my main question is, will the Leopold 55742 steel mounts that I already have hold up and keep zeroed being an extended rear base and not allow recoil into the scope now that it will be completely bedded?

Or should I scrap the idea of using the Leopold 55742 that I already have and go for a solid Piccadilly 1 piece scope base and a good set of quad rings? I like the idea of Warne 1 piece, but I already have so much into this gun and another $200 bucks, well my wife might just finish me off!

Mainly I want this gun to shoot 0-600 yards for Elk, and I’m using Berger Trophy Gold 168 gr. Berger Hunting VLD bullets. http://store.iqmetals.com/trophygold...untingvld.aspx

Thanks!