Within the last 12 months, I have purchased two new Savage rifles (308 and 300 WM). I had real trouble with each of the guns getting them onto paper. I finally purchased Burris Signature Zee rings and two packages of offset inserts. On my 300 WM, I had to use the +/- 20 from each package to get within about 2 inches from center at 100 yards. On the 308, I had to use a +/- 10 and a +/- 5 to get it within about 3 inches of center at 100 yards.

Is this common? I am looking to purchase another 308 for my youngest son to use. I am wondering if I should go ahead and purchase the Burris Signature Zee rings and hope the remaining offset inserts that I have are sufficient to correct any issue I have. I am assuming this is fairly common since both of the guns required significant adjustment. I tried everything I know before I purchased the Burris product. If anyone has a trick for mounting the scopes, I am all ears.

I am extremely happy with the two guns. They both shoot Remington Core-Lokt ammunition very well for off-the-shelf ammo.

A special Thanksgiving thank you to all our troops that have sacrificed much for this country that I love.