Hi all,
Took my new Savage 11 .308 out for its first shots today. Its the non-accutrigger package rifle. I have replaced the rings with Burris Zee's and mounted a Bushnell legend 2-7x that I had already. Bases are on with 15in/lbs of torque and blue locktite, rings to bases 45in/lbs and ring halves on with just under 20in/lbs. Rings were lapped.

I also lightened the trigger by replacing the spring and reducing the tension, but staying safe - probably could go lower; trigger is 4 lbs.

I used Win PP 150gr and mil-surp fmj's.

Shot 2, cleaned, repeated 3 times, then cleaned after every 3 shot group using Gunslick 'Copper Klenz'.

Results - terrible! Best 3 shot 100yard group was about 1.2", which I was happy with with. The rest were poor, between 3-6" and I burned 30 rnds. My Lee Enfield could better this with ease.

Now it could well be me, I am no sharpshooter, but typically do better than that (perhaps I have developed a flinch??)!

Scope?? The scope is less than a year old and has 120 rounds from a .303 under its belt, thats it. I have noticed that it can be slow to react to adjustments..?

Ammo? I bought this Savagae as I am on a budget but heard nothing but good reports on savage accuracy. I'll try some Federals next or a different weight. Perhaps the barrel needs further break-in?

Crown? I did the Q-tip test and there appears to be no burrs.

Any savage shooters or any of you with similar experiences or advice?