We frequently have issues out here with wandering skunks and sometimes they come close enough to the house that the stench gives you major headaches.

My solution so far is a 22 rifle and flashlight, but I want something that can be gun mounted (snap in?) so I can hold the rifle solidly. I want something that is bright enough to see 40-50yds and easily identify the skunk.

I currently use one of those hand held lights that is not unlike the ones for a car, with a 12v plug. The lens is about 4" in dia and it shines a super bright light and you could see a skunk 100yds off, no prob. But it has about 20 min of burn time before it needs recharging (110v). Ideally it would be an LED for long batt life, and/or rechargeable, with very bright light, and narrow beam. Oh yes, I want to be able to still have 2 arms and 2 legs after purchase (meant CHEAP) or reasonable.

An example was a 3 C cell light, that was LED and said (I think) 3 W, 200 lumens, and distance of 350yd +. But it was $40. A bit high to me, for an occasional peek outside.