I shot a match on Saturday and did terrible, way to many shots pushed over by the switching winds.The wind wasn't gale force by any means but it was enough to cause me problems.
While talking with and learning tid bits from an experienced shooter I learned my verticle was all good but my technique for conditions needs a lot of work. I just didn't think nor could I grasp the fact that even though I was shooting a 308 with 155smk at just over 2700 fps. the wind would play that much of a role with my accuracy but it does, so lesson #1 has been learned.
This was the first time out to 200 with this barrel and even though I shot a 0.334@ 100 with it two days before, shooting the score match at 200 on Saturday was a totaly different result. I guess I need to make up some wind flags, find a good book explaining the usage of them and then go learn it.
Even at sixty I still need an education to do what I want to do.
On a side note I had a couple of people told me I need a target gun for this game (all custom) but I will hold my ground that my Savages should be able to compete.