Hello! ;D

Not new to firearms, not new to Savages but I AM new to swapping barrels. I've gone through the FAQs, used the search function, asked my friend Mr Google and traded messages with a couple of barrel swappers I've met through other forums and I have a pretty good handle on what's needed and involved with swapping barrels plus the limitations of caliber choices vs action lengths.

Here's what I haven't been able to get any solid info on: Once I change a barrel, I know I'll have to work with the new set-up to get the best accuracy. Once I have the base rifle zeroed and then the new barrel zeroed, will I have to go back to square one each time I swap the barrels or just torque the action screws to whatever I have found to be the best setting, re-zero the scope and have fun?

Now I think I have a pretty good idea of the answer but just as an example, I'd like to pick up a long action and have barrels for .257 Roberts, 6.5x55 and 7x57 (I know they overlap each other but just ignore that part for now... ;D). If I kept the same scope mounted, I'd obviously have to re-zero each time I changed caliber but would the torque settings for the action screws be the same for each barrel? If the settings were different for each barrel, would bedding the action help reduce the difference?

I'm pretty sure once the action screws are torqued, it would be the same no matter the caliber as long as the barrels were of comparable length/weight but I figured I'd ask those who have a better idea than I.

Hopefully that wasn't clear as mud....

Thanks! ;D