Thread: Savaged Again!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Savaged Again!

Well, some of you probably are familiar with my trials and tribulations in my "...big mistake" thread.

After spending hours trying to get through to Savage all of last week, I finally got through to somebody to have a talk about stocks. They verified that a newer shorter stock was now being produced for the Axis series as I had received on my 308.

Try as I might, I couldn't get any sympathy for a replacement stock, so ended up ordering a new one.

Keep in mind this was after a lengthy discussion about all the problems I had with my flexie-tupperware stock--and so when I was making the order I specifically and clearly requested the newer, shorter stock, to which the customer service person confirmed and assured me she was writing down on the in-house processing order.

Imagine my chagrin, when unwrapping the package today, that I had instead been sent the older, longer style stock.

This inconsistency in both product and service is too much for me, and my brief affair with Savage rifles will end here. I intend on reinforcing and cammo painting this stock much as I did the other one, but will likely be getting rid of both the 270 and 308 after I get them to reliably shoot well.
    Last edited by thermaler; 09-13-2012 at 04:50 PM.