I have the Model 12 in .243 cal. that I purchased for coyote hunting and also for deer. I have never shot much past 100 yds with any other gun basically because I never needed to. Since I hate ice fishing I decided I wanted to do something else during the winter and we have plenty of yotes around so that settles that.

Now for my question, I am looking for a bullet that I can use for both deer and yotes that I can purchase easily and is accessible. The barrel has a 1 in 12" twist so I am thinking something in a 80 - 85 gr. ? The larger 100 gr. don't seem very accurate out past 200yds., of course that could be me but I am using a Lead sled for bench shooting and I am very comfortable out to the 300 yds but would like to see the groups reduced.

So far the bullets I have tried are: Remington 100 gr. SP, Winchester 100 gr. SP and Hornady Superformance SST 95 gr. Remington is terrible, Winchester is not too bad, very good at 200 yds. and I am keeping the Hornady out at 300 yds. in a 4" group. Weird, the Hornady is a little wild at 100 yds ??

I am using a 4x12 Zeise which I absolutely love.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a bunch!!